Nelson Forensics is seeking a qualified, confident, personable and communicative Roofing Specialist to its team of experts. The qualified candidate will assist in conducting forensic investigations in accordance with the scientific method, utilizing detailed field investigation techniques to determine the cause and origin of collapses, failures, damages, and defects to roofs.
Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist a licensed professional in conducting field investigations;
- Assist a licensed professional in preparation of scopes for remediation and/or design documents for repair of existing roofs;
- Prepare clear, concise, cohesive, accurate, and defensible reports;
- Conduct basic laboratory testing on roof membrane samples including but not limited to, working with liquid nitrogen and dry ice, photographing/cataloging specimens, and entering results accurately;
- Follow safety procedures in accordance of Company guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills and the desire and ability to tackle complex problems;
- The ability to conduct independent research of codes, standards and other technical references;
- The ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, to audiences with varying technical proficiency;
- Desire and ability to multi-task;
- Prompt responsiveness to inquiries from peers and clients, sometimes outside of normal working hours;
- Flexibility with respect to work schedule and travel. Travel is a requirement of the position, occasionally with little advance notice.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree preferred;
- Lab testing experience preferred;
- Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required;
- Desire to learn and grow;
- Knowledge of roofing materials including built-up roofing membranes, polymer-modified bitumen membranes, single-ply thermoplastic membranes, and single-ply thermoset membranes is a plus;
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO), Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), or Registered Exterior Wall Consultant (REWC) designation from IIBEC (formerly RCI, Inc.) a plus.